Are you a highly-educated professional who feels – literally or figuratively – displaced? Do you feel that you could get more out of your work and life?
I am happy to help you with that! I am ready for anyone who has “crossed the border” and wants to come home to her/himself.
- Do you have roots outside the Netherlands and do you find it difficult to navigate between two cultures?
- Do you feel a constant urge to perform well and do you experience that you always have to run a little bit faster than your (Dutch) colleagues?
- Did you come to the Netherlands with your expat partner and do you find it challenging to maintain your professional activity? (dual career)
- Are you returning to your ‘home country’ after years abroad and are you having trouble ‘landing’ again?
- Or do you always have a suitcase by the door, ready to hop to the next international assignment?
I can help you to:
- Investigate possible limiting beliefs and conflicts of loyalty in order to make your own choices.
- Understand where your perfectionism comes from and how to deal with it.
- Touch base (again) in the Netherlands and reflect on what a new country and new experiences do to you.
- Get a better grip on the cultural codes in the workplace.
- Connect with your colleagues and dare to be yourself at the same time.
This means that you will:
- Based on a firm connection with yourself and your life story, you will be able to connect with others.
- Gain insight into your unique qualities and experiences: being aware of the power of being different.
- Feel at home (again) in the Netherlands, rather than being a mere observer.
- Experience more peace and pleasure from the confidence that you belong to a group.
So that you feel solid ground under your feet again!
My added value as an international coach is in dealing with people from different cultures. I know from my own experience how drastic it can be to let go of your familiar environment with the known norms and values in order to build a completely new life elsewhere, with the necessary obstacles and misunderstandings. (Read more about my background here) My starting point is that intercultural enrichment is a personal enrichment. By living boundlessly and literally going off the beaten track you can open up to new experiences. That makes you a more complete person.
Janet helped me to (re)discover my personal and professional passions. Her services at Casita Coaching encouraged and inspired me to pursue new opportunities and goals.
Janet has guided me, within a short period, to what is important in my life, what my qualities are and what I want. The points to develop are challenges I want to take up. Janet’s way of coaching is pleasant. Not woolly, but to-the-point, with thorough conversations, assignments and reflection.
I am very satisfied about the coach trajectory. I was surprised how quickly Janet could give me insight into my situation.